The American Medical Association Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes published in JMLAB's Laboratory Test Directory are provided for informational purposes only. The codes reflect our interpretation of CPT coding requirements based upon AMA guidelines published annually. CPT codes are provided only as guidance to assist clients with billing. JMLAB strongly recommends that clients confirm CPT codes with their Medicare administrative contractor, as requirements may differ. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. JM-Laboratories assumes no responsibility for billing errors due to reliance on the CPT codes published.
The Logical Observation Identifier Names and Codes (LOINC) database provides a universal code system for reporting laboratory and other clinical observations. LOINC codes are used by large reference laboratories and federal agencies (e.g., the CDC and the Department of Veterans Affairs) and are part of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) attachment proposal. JMLAB has been systematically assigning LOINC codes to its assays, as provided in the spreadsheet below.
Additional questions about LOINC may be emailed to email@example.com or routed through JMLAB Client Services.
McKesson Diagnostics Exchange Z-Codes
The McKesson Diagnostics Exchange is an online test registry and workflow solution that laboratories and diagnostics manufacturers use to submit information about their specific molecular diagnostics (MDx) tests, and providers and payers use to understand and evaluate new and existing tests. The McKesson Diagnostics Exchange assigns a unique Z code identifier to each diagnostic test and adds it to the test registry catalog for reference and review by other stakeholders in the healthcare system.
To access the McKesson Z-Codes, you must be a registered user of the McKesson Diagnostic Exchange™.
To Obtain JMLAB Z-Codes
- Navigate to JMLAB Connect.
- Log in utilizing your JMLAB Connect account username and password
- Contact the JMLAB Connect administrator at your facility to obtain an JMLAB Connect account username and password.
- If you do not have an JMLAB Connect account, contact JMLAB clients services (800-522-2787) to determine the JMLAB Connect administrator at your facility.
- Find the McKesson Z-Codes listed under the Connect Focus section.
- Click on the plus button to expand the topic and follow the steps outlined.
Click here to register for a McKesson Diagnostic Exchange account.